Sunday, March 29, 2015

Unrestricted


"And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
-Robert Frost
  
When creating this Painting for a client I had no idea how it would turn out. Always an adventure when using paint and brush, I find myself surprised by the beauty discovered between the colors. Wanting to keep it warm and interesting, I focused on the sun and contrast that would follow from it. The warm pallet of reds, oranges and yellows sweep across the canvas, smothering it in cheery expectation, in contrast the cool colors of blue, green, white, and gray pull your eye and catch your attention. I used the cool whites and blues in hopes to ensnare your gaze to the focus of the first car.   The contrast comes into play from the bright yellow/orange of the sun through to the dark shadows of the racetrack and cars. The overall feel to this painting is a warm and almost vintage snapshot of a different time.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment